2021 Award is open for entries from 1 FEBRUARY to midnight, 1 MAY.
First place prize: €300
Second place prize: €200
Third place prize: €100
Playwrights are invited to submit plays of up to 15 minutes in length
Click below to pay €10 submission fee and then submit your entry to email@example.com
Please state in SUBJECT line: SHORT PLAY SUBMISSION
Playwrights are asked to read the guidelines below before submitting their play for consideration.
- Each play should have a running time of up to and including 15 minutes. As a guide, using the format: 1 page equals 1 minute of performance time.
- Scripts should be clearly formatted: 12pt, space and a half, Times New Roman.
- Each script should be numbered, with the title of the play at the top of each page.
- The playwright’s name should not appear on the script.
- The script should not have been printed, performed, or a recording of a reading published previously, or be scheduled for performance or publication.
- The play should not be an excerpt from a longer work.
- The play should require no more than four actors.
- Plays should be sent as doc (Word) or PDF, via email only. We do not accept hard copy.
- The play should have minimal sound, tech, set requirements.
- We do not accept adaptations.
- Closing date for entries is midnight 1 MAY.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a 10 euro entry fee paid via our online booking system.
- Shortlisted playwrights will be invited to the Award Ceremony the first weekend in July.
- While copyright of the play will remain with the author, Wexford Literary Festival reserves the right to arrange the first publication and performance of the selected works. The right to use Award receiving plays to further publicise this Award is also retained by Wexford Literary Festival. Shortlisted authors will agree to have their photograph taken and used for publicity purposes by Wexford Literary Festival.