2021 Award is open for entries from 1 February to midnight, 1 May.
First place prize: €300
Second place prize: €200
Third place prize: €100
Certificates for shortlisted attendees
2021 Entry requirements
Wexford Literary Festival is delighted to welcome entries to the Anthony Cronin International Poetry Award. Poets are invited to submit up to three poems, up to a maximum of 40 lines per poem, for consideration. Entrants are asked to please read the guidelines below before making their submission.
Click below to pay €10 submission fee and then
submit your entry to email@example.com
PLEASE STATE IN SUBJECT HEADER: POETRY SUBMISSION
- There is no restriction on subject matter
- The competition is open to people of 18 years and older
- Up to three poems per person are permitted
- Please submit each poem on a separate PDF or Word document as an attachment
- Competition is open internationally
- 1st Prize is €300 , 2nd: €200 and 3rd: €100
- Entries can be up to and including 40 lines in length per poem.
- Entries must be the original work of the author and must not have been previously published either in writing or electronically. Entries which have received awards in other competitions are also ineligible.
- The author’s name and details should only appear on the accompanying email. The author’s name must not appear on the entry submitted.
- Poems should be formatted: 12pt, double-spaced, Times New Roman.
- Entries will be accepted until midnight on the 1st May,. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- The judges’ decision is final and Wexford Literary Festival will not enter into correspondence concerning the judging or merits awarded. The onus is on the author to ensure that their entry complies with the rules of the competition.
- Entries should be submitted electronically only. Hard copies will not be admissible.
- Shortlisted poets will be invited to attend the award ceremony the first weekend of July.
- While copyright of the poem will remain with the author, Wexford Literary Festival reserves the right to arrange the first publication and broadcast of the selected works. The right to use the stories to further publicise this award is also retained by Wexford Literary Festival. The winning author will agree to have their photograph taken and used for publicity purposes by Wexford Literary Festival.
- The entry fee of 10 euro (for up to three poems) must be paid via our online payment system.as